There are 1A homes in China today that do not have a TV set. Most people, old and young, like to spend some time watching TV for 2C relaxation or amusement after a day’s work or study. Television has become an 3B part in our daily life, keeping us 4A of the news of the day, instructing us in many 5B of interest, and entertaining us 6D singing, dancing and 7C . In some places, it is possible for people to go to school by watching TV, so a person may get good education at home.
Children are 8D viewers of television. They are 9B fond of their TV programs that they often forget their meals and go to bed very late. This 10C their parents very much. Some parents keep 11B that their children spend too much time on TV. But , 12A , there is no need 13B them to worry about it. 14D the fact that their children spend less time on their lessons, they are benefiting a lot 15A television indeed.
Television has given people newer and deeper 16C of history, art, music, literature and the 17D of modern science. We will 18B benefit from television 19C we make proper 20A of it.
1. A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
2. A. neither B. weather C. either D. whether
3. A. extra B. essential C. major D. chief
4. A. informed B. noticed C. performed D. acquired
5. A. places B. fields C. lessons D. kinds
6. A. for B. in C. to D. with
7. A. act B. action C. acting D. acts
8. A. normal B. forever C. permanent D. keen
9. A. such B. so C. very D. too
10. A. surprises B. amazes C. worries D. influences
11. A. complain B. complaining C. to complain D. to be complaining
12. A. in fact B. as usual C. though D. however
13. A. along B. for C. with D. to
14. A. Instead of B. Even if C. Because of D. In spite of
15. A. from B. for C. on D. in
16. A. emotion B. feeling C. knowledge D. awareness
17. A. creations B. inventions C. movements D. obtainments
18. A. partly B. certainly C. entirely D. inevitably
19. A. as if B. as to C. as long as D. so far
20. A. use B. benefit C. interest D. efficiency